Here is where we have made progress:
- The URS Proposal was submitted on September 30, 2021. This was the revised date established by the Ministry of Children, Community and Social Services (MCCSS).
- Contact Brant will be your URS contact for the communities of Brant, Haldimand-Norfolk, Hamilton and Niagara
Here is what we are still working on:
- Waiting to hear back from MCCSS about when funding will start.
- Once we receive confirmation of the funding, Contact Brant will advertise and interview for staffing. The hiring process usually takes at least 2 months.
- Once we receive confirmation of the funding, Contact Brant will contract with service providers who are interested in providing the Urgent Response services. This will set the stage to be able to be responsive in providing URS to those that are deemed eligible.
We will communicate the service implementation timelines following receipt of the funding from MCCSS.
If you would like further information about the OAP URS program please contact us for the Brant/Brantford, Haldimand-Norfolk, Hamilton, and Niagara communities.