Positive Parenting Program
Triple P is an evidenced-based Positive Parenting Program that provides parents with new ideas, strategies, and skills to help build positive behaviours in their children (age 0-16).
This positive parenting program has proven to help parents develop strategies that work by managing misbehavior and developing healthy routines at home. The sessions are for parents only.
Registrations for Triple P
Groups, Seminars and Discussion Groups registrations are done through the Triple P website, www.triplepontario.ca
Check the website regularly for new program listings.
To register on this website:
- Click on the “Find a Session” button
- Click on the “Find Sessions” button
- Type in ‘Brantford’ in the ‘Search here’ location finder box
- Change the distance from 50 km to 20 km
- Click on the magnifying glass
- Select the Seminar, Discussion Group, or Group session that you want and click on the ‘Register’ button beside that program
- Complete the registration form at the bottom of the page, then on ‘Register’
Triple P Seminars
Each Seminar runs for 90 minutes. Parents choose the seminar of interest to them.
- For parents of children ages 0-12, the seminar topics are:
(i) The Power of Positive Parenting; (ii) Raising Confident, Competent Children; (iii) Raising Resilient Children.
- For parents of children ages 10-16 the seminar topics are:
(i) Raising Responsible Teenagers; (ii) Raising Competent Teenagers; and
(iii) Getting Teenagers Connected.
Triple P Discussion Groups
Each Discussion Group runs for 2 hours. Parents choose which sessions are of interest to them:
(i) Dealing with Disobedience; (ii) Managing Fighting and Aggression; (iii) Developing Good Bedtime Routines; and (iv) Hassle-free Shopping with Kids.
Triple P Groups
Each Group runs for 7 weeks and includes 5 group sessions and 2 individual phone consultations. Each session runs for 2 hours. Groups offered are for parents of children ages 0 – 12, and occasionally for parents of children ages 10 – 16. Parents must have their child in their care, as there will be homework expectations.
Triple P Pathways
If you are a parent who does not have your child in your care, call Contact Brant at 519-758-8228 for the Triple P Pathways program.
If you want more information or require assistance in registering on the Triple P website, call Contact Brant at 519-758-8228.
Triple P Groups are also offered at Six Nations Child and Family Services –
call 519-445-4050 to register for Triple P Groups at Six Nations.