Mental Health Services
Through a collaborative Ontario Trillium Foundation grant with Woodview as well as Parents for Children’s Mental Health, Contact Brant will be offering a Family Support program over the next 2 years to families waiting for children’s mental health services. This further enhances our service coordination supports to families and the community.
The Family Support Provider (FSP) will work with families waiting for Woodview Counselling/Therapy services to ensure that they are linked to community resources and services and that they are being supported and have the tools and strategies they need as a family to decrease the strain on the family and the child/youth while they wait for services. We will be gathering data on the outcomes of this service and hope to see that families are more prepared when they enter treatment services and thus will require briefer services, thus decreasing the wait lists. We also hope that some families may not require clinical services following FSP supports.
The role of Family Support Provider will be to:
• Assist families in identifying strengths and prioritizing needs
• Assist in locating and accessing community programs and resources
• Serve as a liaison and help build collaborative relationships between services and families
• Assist families in developing strategies to communicate effectively with services and service providers
• Support families in navigating various child and youth systems and services (e.g., mental health, education, health, YJ, child welfare) and help connect adult family members to services for themselves
• Provide support and information to other service providers