Contact Brant is funded by the Ministry of Children, Community and Social Services as the Brant Access agency for children and youth services, as well as the Lead Service Coordination Agency.
To refer a child or youth to services, Call 519-758-8228, or use this secure referral link Contact Brant Referral
Contact Brant’s Services:
- Intake and referral (Access) to children and youth mental health services, developmental services, and Autism services
- Information and help navigate the community programs and resources in the City of Brantford and the County of Brant
- Manage the Community Information Database for Brant, Haldimand and Norfolk, available at www.info-bhn.ca that assists the public to easily find local services (health, housing, children and youth, seniors, food assistance, Indigenous services, government social assistance, parenting, disability support, newcomer services, and more)
- Provide on-going Service Coordination supports and lead a coordinated approach to services for children and youth that have been through our Access services
- Coordinated Service Planning for children and youth with complex and/or special needs, birth to age 18, or 18 to 21 and still in school, who receiving 2 or more services due to the depth and breadth of their needs. Contact Brant is the Lead Service Coordination Agency in Brant.
- FASD Supports (Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder) for children and youth with FASD or symptoms like FASD, from birth to age 18 or 18 to 21 and still in school. Contact Brant’s Service Coordinator assists families to connect to services and develop a service plan, as well as coordinates learning opportunities about FASD.
- Support integrated Transition Planning for youth age 14 and older with community service providers to help youth and their families prepare for future community life and transition out of children’s services at age 18
- Facilitate the Brant Case Resolution mechanism for children and youth who are at risk and Brant services cannot meet all their service needs
- Coordinate the Brant Residential Placement Advisory Committee (RPAC) according to the requirements of the Child and Family Services Act
- Coordinate the publications of Your Guide for Brant and Haldimand-Norfolk; also available on our website
- Referral to Developmental Services Ontario (DSO) for youth with a developmental disability, age 16 and up to age 18, so that the DSO can determine eligibility for adult services and complete their intake process; Contact Brant is pleased to have the Brant DSO satellite office co-located with us
- Facilitate system planning with community partners through the Children and Youth Services Committee.
Contact Brant is governed by a community Board of Directors which is elected annually.
Call Contact Brant if you are interested in joining our Board.
Contact Brant Board of Directors
Patrick Parent, Chair
Mike DeBruyn, Vice Chair
Greg Hackborn, Treasurer
Kelly Skrzypek, Secretary
Glenda Annand, Director
Nalini Gandhi, Director
Susan Fitzgerald, Director
Jennifer Moerschfelder, Director
What people say about Contact Brant’s services:
“I felt that I was listened to attentively and understood.”
“We were able to get an intake appointment fairly quickly. We had different options to choose from with different wait times which was nice.”
“Friendly staff. Understanding and compassionate. Very good experience!”
“Appointment was quickly made, time was accommodated. Friendly staff. Thank you.”
“I wasn’t aware of what Contact Brant was previous to being recommended. Staff was very attentive and helpful.”
Quality Satisfaction Survey Results 2019 – 2020